nav bar


Monday, February 7, 2011

vintage valentines

Like I briefly mentioned in the last post, I thought it'd be fun to do some Valentine features during the week leading up to Valentine's weekend. I'm kind of bummed that V Day is on a Monday this year, especially because I have a math class from 6:30-9:30pm. :( Bummer. So this year Charlie and I will still spend V Day together but do our actual celebrating this weekend.

Today I thought I'd start off with some vintage Valentines that my grandmom had saved from years and years ago. The first in the bunch are some kiddie ones. Remember the kind you used to get in elementary school with a lollipop or chocolate attached? Yea, those were the days.


Here are a few cute ones for the parents. I love the old illustrations!


Here's another kiddo one with one from my uncle to "Mommy".


Quite a few of these have dates inside ranging from the 50's to the 60's. I think the little house one is my favorite. It's dated 1955 inside. I just love that illustration. So much so that I took the liberty of photoshopping out the message and left it blank so you could write your own if you felt so inclined. :)

I made pdf's of some of the cards and took out some of the specific family-related messages so that they could be customized. So if you want to give a few vintage Valentines this year, look no further! Just click the links below to download the pdf's and put whatever text you want on them. Then just print them out on card stock, cut em out, and give em to the one you love!

Just moved in or purchased a new house with your sweetheart? You could, for example, do a little something like this..


Have fun with it!

Click a link below to download the pdf.
4 kiddo valentines
bouquet of flowers ("mother" removed)
doggie couple (words removed)
little detective
1950's house (words removed)

Enjoy! Hope everyone had a great weekend! :)

3 comments:

  1. How cool is that! I'm impressed that you had those cards saved all these years :). Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I found you on the Indie Business blog. What a cute post this is! I actually have a vintage Valentine's Day card for my boyfriend this year. I love these designs. Anyway, see you in class! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys are into the vintage valentines! And awesome meeting another fellow classmate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...