nav bar


Thursday, February 17, 2011

six confessions

I know this is going around a lot lately (FreckledNest, srslyliz, I go by Katie) but I kind of like when a lot of people share the same type of things, such as weird quirks or what's in their bag. I plan to do the bag thing sometime soon but for now I have my six confessions for you. I hope you enjoy learning a little more about the girl behind Tenpenny Splendid because I felt like a big weirdo after typing some of these. ;)

After all, this is how I dressed myself as a child.

1. I danced for 15 years of my life which most people don't know about me. I didn't really talk about it for some reason and I didn't go to school with anyone in my dance classes. I did tap, jazz, ballet, pointe, and one year we had someone come in and teach Irish dancing. I miss it so much!

2. I hate wearing pants. Not in the run-around-naked sort of way, but in the I'd-much-rather-wear-a-dress sort of way. Most people don't get that because they see wearing a dress as "fancy" and therefore uncomfortable. Not I.

3. When I was little I had an obsession with mixing different colored soaps together in a bowl while I took baths. My dad would even bring me little hotel shampoos and conditioners from his business trips so I could mix them up. My mom later told me that she thought I was pretending to be a scientist and one day I would cure cancer. I had to break it to her that I was actually making potions and practicing to be a witch. :)

4. I don't like the number 8. I don't know why. I won't take 8 of something, I hate being 8th for things.. weird, I know. I'm starting to feel self conscious now haha

5. I can't whistle and I can't snap with my right hand but I can with my left. The whistling disability is actually a blessing because whistling is my boyfriend's mom's biggest pet peeve. She's known to give death stares to whistlers. :)

6. When people reminisce about Saved by the Bell or the old 90210 I get embarrassed that I can't relate. While kids my age were watching the cool new shows on tv, my best friend and I were watching Bewitched (probably the reason for #3), The Monkees, The Munsters, I Love Lucy, I Dream of Jeannie, etc. on TVLand and Nick at Nite.

Well that's some super random and probably weird things about me. Now you know me a little bit better!

What would your six confessions be? If you do this too leave a link in the comments or just type it up right there. Now I have to get crafty. I have some spring inspired things in the works. :)

4 comments:

  1. I love this post :]
    I did exactly the same thing with the bath potions :] i wanted to be a witch for years after watching bedknobs and broom sticks and later the craft
    xxx
    http://ablogfromblackpool.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bedknobs and Broomsticks!! I haven't seen that in soo long. Another good one was the Worst Witch. Such random people in that. I think it was like a bad (totally awesome) 80's BBC movie or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. saved by the bell was sooo good! sorry you missed out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i too love these kinds of posts, nothing better than feeling a connection with fellow blog tribe mates!

    so with you on #2, wearing a skirt or dress is like being in a nightie all day long, the best!

    #3's hilarious, workin' your witchy magic, nice. i never mixed soaps but always blended shampoos and conditioners. sometimes it actually worked out better for locks of joy afterwards. haha

    and #6, i watched all those too minus nick at night but plus bionic woman and six million dollar man!

    randomness rules! cheers to a wonderful weekend & i'm thankful for your visits lades and crochet insp.

    pea ess: how adorable is that photo of you?! crazy good is what. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...