nav bar


Wednesday, February 16, 2011

a touch of spring


I've seen some really cute faux terrariums on blogs within the past year and I've always wanted to make one myself. I decided to make a sort of springtime one since all the snow is melting and we keep getting teases of warmer weather. For my first one I picked up some basic naturey things from the craft store and just started playing with them.

I stuck some dry moss in the bottom of a kerr jar.


Then some gravel to fill in the holes and a little tree that I'm calling a bush so the rabbit doesn't seem scary huge. :)


I stuck a little hot glue on the rabbit's feet so he would stand and stuck him in too.


And that's it! A seasonal little decoration.


Put it on a sunny windowsill or a shelf and enjoy a little bit of nature indoors.


These birds checking out the little dude are pretty much my favorite knick-knacks in the world. It was such a fluke that I found them. I was in the tiny little Hallmark near my house (smaller than any Hallmark I've ever seen) and I was just walking around looking for who knows what when I just saw these two little guys sitting there all alone! I checked the price tag and they were on sale for 7$. I thought it was crazy that no one had snatched them up yet so I grabbed them. You really never know where you'll find awesome things. :)

7 comments:

  1. i love your bunny terrarium! that, on top of the beautiful weather today, makes me very happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this :) Such a fun way to decorate! I must give this a go sometime. Yesterday I was browsing trough some amazing vacation memory jars! :)
    xxx mervi

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats super cute. very whimsical :) reminds me of alice in wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I've always wanted to make a terrarium! This is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab! I will be giving this a try :)

    Also, I loved your Valentine tracks. I enjoy every song on that list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is seriously such a cute idea!! I smell a crafting session coming my way :)

    xo
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the feedback! Definitely give it a try.. you pretty much can't mess it up since you can do whatever you want with it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...