nav bar


Monday, February 28, 2011

bag o' yarn

That's what I came home from the craft store with this weekend. I have many projects lined up including two gifts. The first one I'm working on is a granny square baby blanket for one of Charlie's coworkers who's having a little boy soon. I've been meaning to make a granny square throw for some time now so this is a perfect way to hone my skillz.

The color palette I'm going for with this one is this..

I like the grays and blues together. When I make a little more progress on it I'll show a photo of it.

When I make one for myself I want to try this one because I think the puff stitches look amazing and I love that color palette. I bought the pattern a while ago but haven't gotten around to making it yet. It's from the lovely blog Posie Gets Cozy.


Check it out sometime! Alicia Paulson, the woman behind the blog, and her husband are waiting to adopt a little girl. In the meantime, she is sewing up all these little dresses from vintage patterns and knitting up tiny sweaters. This lucky girl is going to have a closet full of beautiful handmade clothes by the time she gets to her new home. I can only wish I'd have the talent to do that someday. How awesome would that be?

This is another color palette that I love. It's so bright and warm. I mentioned it before here but it's definitely worthy of another mention. And I also think I know where it came from now. I can't find the exact photo anymore but I found a similar photo from Yvestown.

I also will be starting these Angry Birds soon. I saw them on Strumpet's Crumpets. (Patterns from The Itsy Bitsy Spider.) Charlie's mom is obsessed with that game and she always loves fun little things for her office. Perfect. Now when she's stressed she can throw birds at the little piggy! That's what I would be doing anyway.. build him a tower of books and then try to knock it all down.. I'd never get anything done. :)

Keeping it short and sweet today (well, sort of) because I have to go study for a midterm. Blech. I can't believe I'm halfway through my first semester of grad school already! It feels like just yesterday that my head was spinning and I finally decided that this is what I wanted to do. Nuts. Anyway, happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Hi just popping over from Indie Biz - I love your blog! I want to learn to crochet badly - I just love granny square blankets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Granny Square blankets. I've been so attracted to them lately, and I think their popularity is on the rise again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grannies are great and they're definitely big right now, which means lots of awesome patterns out there and some great color inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...