nav bar


Thursday, February 24, 2011

chicken pesto calzones

I mentioned before how much we like pesto around here, so when I found this recipe for chicken pesto calzones I knew it'd be a winner. They were melty and cheesy and oh so good!

Start by making up your favorite pizza dough. I like this one.


Mix up your filling. I decided to add ricotta to the original chicken, pesto, and mozzarella in the recipe because I thought it would be a nice addition. It was. :)


I then split the dough into five pieces. Pat them out into circles and place some filling on one side.


Fold the other side over and seal up the edges. Put 'em on the pan and slide it in the oven.


Eat it as is or serve up with some tomato sauce.


I made up some spaghetti with garlic and olive oil because I wasn't sure if they'd be too small and not filling but they were just the opposite. So now there's plenty of spaghetti leftover for lunch. :) But here it is anyway.

Yum.


Chicken Pesto Calzones
adapted from My Kitchen Addiction

prepared pizza dough
7 oz pesto
3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
4 oz grated mozzarella
1 cup ricotta cheese

Preheat oven to 450F. In a bowl, combine cheeses, pesto, and chicken. Mix until well combined. Divide dough into however many calzones you need. On a floured surface, pat out dough into a circle. Scoop filling onto half of the circle. Top with a little more mozzarella and fold the other side of dough over to form a pocket. Pinch edges shut. Place calzones on a greased, or parchment covered baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...