nav bar


Thursday, February 24, 2011

candy

Here's a small collection of vintage candy dishes and tins from around my house that I thought I'd share since they've got some pretty details. :)

This first one is an old Whitman's tin. Don't you wish things were still packaged this way? It's got a little wear to it but I think it just adds to it's vintage charm!


Here's a pretty little dish made of glass and silver. It is busy holding hershey kisses at the moment.


This is my favorite. The colors are amazing. I kind of wish it was a fabric print. The only thing I know about it is that it was made in England.


And this is another silver and glass guy. I love the little pear handle on top!


There's so much character in vintage things. Can't wait to find more!

Happy almost Friday. :)

5 comments:

  1. GASP! that tin is splendid miss tenpenny!!!!! you're so right about things these days not holding the same charm and intricate detailing they once did.

    your hershey kiss dish....LOVE! ♥

    pea ess: can i just say your comment the other day touched me so much! thank you lades, it's girls like you who i feel i'm speaking directly to. we get each other and that's BIG to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i like these a lot, so beautiful. very nice collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn.. I'm glad it made you happy! And I totally agree.. us bloggy ladies gotta stick together! :)

    LTV.. Thanks so much! I'm glad you like 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a GREAT eye! The first one is gorgeous (but mostly I say that because I'm a huge Mucha fan). I hope you find many more! So far you've had incredibly finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! I have such a thing for tins as well. My favourite is definitely the one that was made in England. It reminds me more of Eastern Europe in the early 1900s than anything.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...