nav bar


Monday, January 31, 2011

studio weekend


This weekend was a nice change of pace. Especially after a big fat failure friday. I didn't even get a post up friday because I was so frustrated. First I tried to re-crochet something that I had just frogged because the pattern I was using made it way too big. After getting back to where I originally was I realized it was still slightly too big. It kills me to pull things apart that I spend so much time on so instead of doing it again, I just put it to the side to handle later.

Then I moved on to my sewing machine. It hasn't been working right since I brought it home from my apartment. I think it got a little shaken up in the move and now the tension is all off. I tried everything I could find online to fix it but to know avail. It was such a craft-fail day that I didn't want to do anything else. I had a nice break from it all though and I think I'm ready to face it all again. I just seriously don't know what to do about my sewing machine. :(

Anyway.. This weekend I helped Charlie get some work done at the studio. After a long day of shooting on saturday, he did a little photo shoot with me because I feel like I have no recent and decent pictures of myself. I change my hair color so much that it's really noticeable when my photos are more than a few months old. I plan to do a post on that someday. I'll show you how I went from a California blonde to dark brown.. making a pit stop at pink and blue on the way there. :)


On sunday I got to play stylist and help set up some dresses on forms. Definitely a fun job!


We ended the day with margaritas and pizza. Perfection.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. okay it's official, i LOVE your blog total! now assuming the role of a stalker... after looking back in time i have to say that i really like how you've tailored your focus and incorporated more "you" in the mix. i totally dig all the recipes but the talent you have needs to be shared and you are way too cute not to be featured too.

    so sorry to hear friday was a fail lades, i've never crocheted a thing in my life but expect it to be a challenging ordeal. good for you on at least trying! happy the week ended well....adore your outfit and owly necklace.

    bring on the pink and blue pics!!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I really appreciate the feedback :). I've been trying to strike a good balance between me, what I do, and what I love. It's harder than I thought! Your input definitely helps though. I've been trying to make this blog more personal so I'll keep going with that. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...