nav bar


Monday, January 24, 2011

cookie dough dip


I was hanging out with Charlie and my brother on Friday night and after showing them this recipe, they pretty much insisted I make it immediately. Being a lady who loves the kitchen, I happily obliged since I was super curious about this seemingly magical dip.

The ingredients are pretty basic so I had them all in.

Start by melting butter. Plop your brown sugar in. This recipe is not for the faint of heart ;).


Get the brown sugar all dissolved in the butter.


Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in a mixer. When the butter/brown sugar mixture has cooled, slowly add it to the cream cheese.


Fold in your chocolate chips either by hand or directly in the mixer. Mine didn't take too kindly to this and started jerking around all dramatic like so I just did it by hand.


That's it! Now you just need something to dip in it. This is where impulsiveness is not always the best thing in the world. We quickly discovered that there were no satisfactory dipping materials in the house. Charlie tried it with a ginger snap. He said there was too much going on between the two flavors. I tried some chips since I'm a huge advocate of the sweet and salty combo. It was pretty good.


We saved it in the fridge so we could get some better dipping items the next day. What I recommend trying is apples and pretzels. Definitely my favorite. This kind of has to do with the taste of the dip itself, which I will explain now. It is a delicious dip, however, in my opinion it does not taste like the chocolate chip cookie dough I know and love. I think the cream cheese comes out too strong in it. Which is why I also think it makes a really good fruit dip!

So my final two-bits on this recipe is this.. if you're looking to eat cookie dough, get out your baking supplies or crack open a roll of toll house. If you want a really different and delicious dip for fruit or graham crackers or whatever else you can think of, then make this. It'd be a really nice addition to the standard dips at a party!

Or, of course, you could just do this ;).



Some exciting new things will be happening with Tenpenny coming this February. One of the goals on my 101 things list is to start sponsoring a few blogs that I like. I've picked three blogs for this month so expect some giveaways and features in the upcoming month! I'm really excited to start branching out more and get my little blog out there.

Happy Monday! My first math class is tonight. Boooo. This is one time art school is coming back to bite me in the ass. We never had to take math or science as undergrads. So now I have to take a basic algebra class as a prereq for my master's. Forget that I took trig/precalc in high school. :P



Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
recipe from How Sweet it is

1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
8oz cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup chocolate chips

In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Mix in brown sugar and heat until dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Allow to cool. In a mixer, cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar. Slowly add cooled butter mixture a little at a time. Mix well. Fold in chocolate chips by hand or in mixer. Serve with fruit, pretzels, or cookies that don't have a strong flavor. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...