nav bar


Tuesday, September 27, 2011

top knotch


Hah. Clever, I know. ;)

I've been in love with photos of people rockin' the top knot for a while now and I finally got brave enough to try it out. I know, weird that someone who has had pink and blue hair would be scared of a little hairstyle, but that's the way it goes folks. I wore it to class lat night and felt mighty cute and not at all self conscious. I think it's going to be making an appearance on my head a lot in the foreseeable future. I'm just so tired of the ponytail, ya know?



You can make this 'do as prim and proper or as rough and tumble as you like. I like my hair to be lose and be a little spiky here and there mostly because I think I look ridiculous with it pulled back tight, so I just took my finger to the sides of my head and shook the hair a bit until it got a little loose. The spikes in the bun just happened naturally since my hair is layered but if that's not your thing I'm sure they could be tamed with some hairspray!

Since I plan to don this style a decent amount, I wanted to try a couple variations to spice it up a little. The most obvious solution was a bow. I found some stray ribbon in my room and tied it up.



I also, perhaps in a moment of insanity, found an alternate use for clip on earrings. I have a ton of them but don't wear them. My Nanny had a million pairs that I sort of inherited with the awesome vintage buttons and costume jewelery. I kept them because I knew I could find something crafty to do with them. Or, you know, stick them in my hair..



They work rather nicely, if I do say so myself. :)


Now you know what to do with your leftover ribbon and clip on earrings. ;)

Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. i love this - so cute!!! you look darling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE!!! I wish my hair was a wee bit longer so I could do this. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your bangs! what a great idea for clip-on earrings too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wizard title for this post! love the way you've styled each and every look, you gotta keep on this tip...so seriously retro rockstar. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...