nav bar


Sunday, September 18, 2011

scones fit for a tea party

A #TwitterTeaParty! I had a bunch of lovely process photos but I am not home during this tea party and my photos are. So I had my photographer boyfriend take a better photo than I could ever take of the ones I brought with me. They come together quick and are best straight out of the oven (or reheated) so if you have the ingredients, whip some up to enjoy with your tea!!


Chocolate Chip Cream Scones
adapted slightly from Cafe Lynnylu

1 large egg
2/3 cup cold heavy cream
2 cups AP flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
5 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
sprinkling of mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400F. In a small bowl combine the egg and cream. In a larger bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix it up, then add the butter pieces. Using your fingers or a pastry blender, combine (smash/squish) butter and dry ingredients together until it's the consistency of pebbles. Add as may chocolate chips as you require and pour the cream and egg mix over dry ingredients. Mix together with a spoon until just combined.

Gently knead it by hand about 8-10 times. Turn it out onto a floured surface and split it into two equal balls. Pat them into 5 inch rounds. Cut into six pie slices with a knife or pizza cutter. Put the slices on a baking sheet that is greased or lined with parchment. At this point you can wrap up and freeze whatever you won't use right away. Just add about 2 minutes of baking time to them when you use them!

Pop them in the oven for 20-22 minutes or until tops are golden brown and firm. Let them cool about ten minutes when the come out and serve warm either plain, or with butter or jam.

Enjoy the tea party!

3 comments:

  1. yummy yum yum! I think I could even convert the ingredients to sugar & wheat free easily enough! will try these sooner. yay for the Twitter Tea Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmmy! I can't wait to try these. Thank you so much for sharing & participating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! I must try this :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...