nav bar


Friday, September 9, 2011

lists 7 8 9


List 7 - I'm not Very Good at..
1. saying no
2. math
3. directions
4. doing my hair
5. doing work before the last minute

These are the first things that came to my head.. I'm a big time procrastinator and end up with a ponytail more times than not because the curling, waving, whatever-ing just wasn't working out. I found it kind of funny that one of my first thoughts was math though.. I was fine at math until high school, then I struggled like crazy to get through it, swore it off, and thanked everything I was done with it. Enter grad school where I had to take two algebra classes as prerequisites for my major. -_- I thought I would just barely pass but I ended up getting A's in both classes! Unheard of! I have one really good teacher with a fantastic Russian accent to thank for that.

I'm really starting to think that I'm not actually bad at math, but that I've had some bad teachers in high school. Looking back I only ever struggled in algebra 2 and trig.. did just fine in everything else. And now, going through education courses myself, one of the first things they tell you is just because you know the subject, does not mean you will be a good teacher. Amen to that.




List 8 - Things that Remind Me of My Childhood..
1. sugar cookies
2. pj's with the feet attached
3. tinkerbell makeup
4. picking pumpkins and apples
5. baking with my mom

I tried to stick with things that very specifically remind me of my own childhood instead of listing all of the toys and tv shows we all know and love from the late 80's-early 90's. That list could go on forever! ;) Does anyone else remember Tinkerbell makeup with the strawberry scented scratch-off nail polish? Those were the days..




List 9 - Weekend Plans..
1. breakfast at a French bakery in Northern Liberties
2. Chelsea game on the toob
3. charity tailgate followed by a Union game
4. shop on Sunday for fall scented candles
5. have my first pumpkin spiced latte of the season!

I like this one because I have a fun weekend planned! ;) It apparently involves a lot of soccer (or football for you internationals) a bit of Guinness, and kick-starting fall with all the scents and flavors I'm currently craving. Lord knows my allergies are aware that it's fall.. I've been sneezing my face off for the past two days!

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Your "not very good at" list made me smile, because mine is almost exactly the same. Except I'm legitimately bad at math. And directionally, I couldn't find my way out of a paper bag...even with GPS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...