nav bar


Monday, May 7, 2012

happenings lately

May is off to a pretty good start I'd say! We've been busy little bees around these parts, and I've been taking full advantage of my time off from classes. I'm trying to get outside as much as possible while the weather is warm enough for light sweaters but not so hot that it renders you a sweaty puddle the moment after stepping out the door.


Lately, I've been making tons of juice, going for walks in the gorgeous weather, making "rummy bears", and dipping soft pretzels in homemade ice cream.

This past weekend we went to a wedding at a sweet little inn on the river. It was a lot of fun! You can see a lil peek of what I wore up there in the photo of the floral dress and yellow tights. I want to do a full outfit post at some point because I'm infatuated with that dress!

Last week was spring cleaning week. I made my favorite green juice, turned up the Frank Sinatra radio on Pandora, and finally put away two laundry baskets that were overflowing with clean clothes. I don't know why I let it get so backed up.. it could have something to do with the fact that I loathe putting away laundry. Anyway, I decided to be a real adult and put into place a laundry day once a week so I have to deal with a lot less at a time and hopefully I'll be a lot less whiny about it. ;)
 

The moon has been pretty interesting to look at lately.. usually photos of the moon don't turn out too well but I was pleased with this one since it looked nice shining through the clouds. I also murdered some basil and attempted to bring it back to life to no avail. But! After this tragedy, we bought two basil seedlings for the backyard so now I have some hanging out in a pot back there! Hopefully I can keep them alive. If not, I can always drown my sorrows in black and white milkshakes. Or maybe celebrate with one!


What have you been up to lately?
post signature

6 comments:

  1. oh my what are rummy bears?! :o

    Fun and interesting pics:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are basically gummy bears marinated in rum! You dump them into a container, pour enough rum so they are just covered, and let them sit for a day or two. Then you get sweet little jelly rum bites! And when you take out all the yellow ones to take to the tailgate and leave the rest in the rum for a week or more, you get some sort of bizarre rummy "jam" which we still don't know what to do with! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, the poor basil! Don't worry, I can't keep it alive, either. It's something about having to take care of it that gets me everytime.... ah, well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I'm hoping I'll have more luck now that it's sitting in dirt but the whole harvesting-the-leaves-properly-so-that-they'll-grow-back thing intimidates me like crazy so I'll have to read up on that a bit more. :)

      Delete
  3. I found the rummy beers the weirdest but most interesting part. It just aroused my curiosity antennae. May is the time when you should go out under the sun and get tons of experiences with nature. I'm glad you were able to make most of it despite having a tight schedule. It's interesting to look at your photos and getting to know your hobbies and likes. Have fun this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I just found your blog and wanted to say how lovely it is!
    Fritha x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...