nav bar


Monday, May 14, 2012

carrot apple ginger beet



Kicking off a new week with some fresh juice seems like the right thing to do. Especially with the state I'm in.. sun-burned and allergy ridden. I'm usually really good with the sunscreen, obsessive even. I get made fun of for using spf 100 and I've heard that nothing over spf 30 is any bit more effective. But if they make it, I'm gonna use it.

So before the Union game yesterday I slathered my face and arms in lotion and somehow thought my legs would be immune to the sun. It was early. Poor decisions are bound to be made. Anyway, the backs of my legs are toasted and it hurts to sit, walk, move, ya know. On top of that I woke up this morning with pink puffy eyes. It's been great. And I know juice isn't going to alleviate my allergies or cure my sunburn, but dammit it makes me feel good! ;) 


Back when I did my first juicing post, Caiti suggested trying this mix. I already had tried carrot apple ginger, but the beets were something totally new for me. I've had them once or twice in the past but I never really loved them. I thought this could be a good way to add them to my diet. Just like spinach! I swear, apples make everything better. I loved this juice! And look how pretty..


Oooooh I didn't even want to mix it up! But then I did and it made the brightest hot pink I've seen since my hair circa 2006. I love finding ways to get healthy things into my diet without having to really taste them the way they are on their own. I've always been pretty good with fruits and vegs but sometimes I find one I just don't get along with.



How was your weekend? Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!
post signature

8 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! how many apples and beets did you use?
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used one fairly small beet.. those three pieces you can kind of see were one whole beet. And I used two decent sized apples along with three carrots and an inch long ginger nugget. :)

      Delete
  2. YUM! I love the beet/carrot/ginger combo but haven't tried juicing apples, I keep feeling like they will break my machine :) I need to now that our backyard citrus is gone for the summer. Sorry about your allergies- I used to get them SO bad when I lived in Oregon so I understand your pain! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apples are my favorite thing to juice! They make everything taste so good. :)

      I'm actually really excited to go apple picking this fall and make some apple cider!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful-looking drink! I've tried a variation of this, without the ginger (although, I'd be down for trying it). The beets are what really make the drink for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big fan of beets, but this sounds (and looks!) pretty amazing. I'll have to give this a shot!

    - ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been juicing a lot lately - I'll have to try this combo for sure!

    http://celebratingtheday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kind of apples do you use? Also, if we were using powdered ginger, how much would be ideal?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...