nav bar


Thursday, February 16, 2012

i spy: malted milk

Whoppers, Malty Balls, Malted Milk Balls, Maltesers.. whatever name you want to give them, they are without a doubt my dad's absolute favorite candy. With that in mind, I've been stockpiling recipes for malted milk desserts whenever I see them so that I can make one when a dad-type occasion arrives. His birthday is this Friday so I thought it would be the perfect occasion to whip one of these bad boys up!

Now I just have to decide which one to make!




So many varieties to choose from! Which do you think looks the best? Right now I'm definitely leaning towards a cake for its birthday appropriateness, even though the tart and pots de creme look so good. The cakes with the marshmallows look crazy amazing but I think either the chocolate or vanilla might be more my dad's style. Decisions, decisions. 

I'll let you know what I chose next week, hopefully with a recipe post if I have time to document it!

Hope you're having a great week!
post signature

8 comments:

  1. oh wow, these all look amazing! for a birthday i would probably go with the first vanilla one... but for myself i'd go with the marshmallow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look so yummy! I'm so hungry now! haha :)
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! My mouth is watering like crazy right now! I could definitely go for the Malteser Layer Cake! But, I'm sure they would all be delicious!
    ~Drew

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad LOVES malted milk balls too! I think the chocolate cake ones look the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never liked malted milk stuff until recently. My boyfriend loves it, and I will give nearly anything multiple chances to like it. So a few months ago, he bought some whoppers, and I tried some. Surprise! I really liked it! Since then, we get whoppers once a month or so.
    -Nicole
    Knit, Nicole, Knit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy cow Jess, these desserts are show stoppers!!! i'm sure your Dad was in 7th heaven when you presented him with whatever decadence you decided on. wow, my taste buds are on melt down about all this splendor. hope it was a grand weekend for ya all! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I forgot about those whoppers! I need to go out and buy myself an over sized box of that yummy goodness right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...