nav bar


Tuesday, February 21, 2012

a birthday cake fit for a dad


So I ended up going with the very first cake on the list.. the milk chocolate malt ball cake from Krissy's Creations. Thanks for all your input! I really liked hearing what you thought. :)

I'm still dying to try the marshmallow layer one though. Another cake for another occasion!

This cake was a huge hit, and most importantly, my dad loved it.


The icing was like something I've never tasted before.. I guess it was kind of reminiscent of the chocolatey shell of a Whopper. It was smooth and thick but buttery and melt in your mouth delicious! Far from the fluffy whipped buttercreams I'm used to.

The only thing I think I would change to the cake itself is to possibly eliminate the nutmeg, or at least reduce it. I thought it overpowered the malt flavor a little but it was still delicious all the same. Something to experiment with later. :)


I adorned the top of the cake with almost an entire box of chopped Whoppers. Yum. Made it a little challenging to cut but it was all the more delicious to eat! :)


Hope you're having a great week!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. That looks soooo yummy!
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoppers were by far my absolute favorite Halloween candy when I was a kid!! Even now I have to buy them for Halloween just so I can snatch a few :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...