nav bar


Wednesday, April 4, 2012

light crochet

Before I get into today's ideas and inspirations, I just want to share a little exciting news! Well, exciting to me. :) Yesterday, after four very long weeks of waiting, I finally got the scores of the two Praxis tests I took back to back - and I passed! Both of them! This is crazy good news because now all I have to do to finish my certification is take my two summer classes and student teach. Then I will be officially able to teach in PA. I was so stressed out that I wouldn't pass and then I'd be even more stressed retaking them, plus the fact that it costs a pretty penny. This is such a weight off my shoulders I can't even truly express it in words! If you could see me I'd show you my happy running windmill dance I did through the house to get to my coffee after I found my scores yesterday. :)

Anyway.

The idea of warm weather is starting to sink into my bones and even my craft mentality is taking a cue. I haven't crocheted anything in a while and I've got the urge to pick up some yarn so I went through my inspiration folder to find some spring and summer appropriate crochet projects. The lightness of the stitches, the uses, and color palettes are what make me think of warm weather when I see these projects.


1 The yarn takes on an airy net-like structure in this beautiful crocheted market bag. I'd love to whip up a few of these and take them on a trip to a farmers market or take one to the beach! [source + more found here]

2 These gorgeous place mats from the Purl Bee look like they belong on a wooden picnic table, surrounded by melting drinks and a summer fruit salad. I absolutely love the color palette they used. [source]

3 I really want to try to make one of these woven hula hoop rugs. In this tutorial, it is made with yard after yard of finger knitting. This project isn't exclusive to warm weather but I'm embracing anything that isn't a scarf or sweater or mittens right now. :) [source]

4 I love this little crocheted cuff. The stitch looks so complex but once it's broken down it seems totally doable. I love it in the earthy tone.. the perfect natural looking accessory for time spent outside. [source + a great tutorial]

5 I saw this cute beach cover-up on the Free People site last summer (which unfortunately means the source no longer exists) but I had one of those "hey, maybe I could make that" moments. It looks like a bunch of doilies linked together with a net-like stitch. I might try to make my own variation for this summer. Speaking of Free People and crochet, have you seen their new catalogue? It's packed with crocheted items.. more than I would have thought possible for this time of year! It's great to look at. Check it.


Well I hope your month is starting off well! What projects are on you list for the warm seasons?
post signature

8 comments:

  1. Congrats!! That's such great news. I think you should post a video of the running windmill dance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha maybe that should be my grand entrance into the world of vlogging. ;)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations of passing the Praxis, that is so exciting! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures towards getting certified!

    Amanda
    Little Lady Little City

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on passing :) I bet that's a load off your shoulders!!!! And I cannot wait to see your take on number 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a huge load off my shoulders! I can't wait to make number three! I'll be sure to share it when I do. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh man, these projects make me really wish I was a decent crochet-er. And nice job passing the Praxis. That test may be in my future at some point, but probably not for a while. (Yay?)

    Also, I really love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crochet isn't too bad if you can find a good tutorial or book. I always recommend The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller. I learned everything I know from that book! Good luck if you do end up venturing into Praxis territory! It's stressful, but apparently doable! ;)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...