nav bar


Wednesday, April 25, 2012

carrot apple ginger juice


I know I just posted a juice recipe and I don't want give the impression that now that I have a juicer, this is all I'll be posting. But this is pretty much the only semi-interesting thing I have been doing while I'm nursing this cold that is now officially a week old. I haven't been this sick since my last graphic design finals week so this I'm not used to being this out of commission. I'll be back to my regularly scheduled programs soon enough! And promise a more staggered release of juice recipes. ;) Especially because there's a lot of exciting things on my May calendar that will probably inspire some outfit posts and showing interesting crafts from some Philly artists. To name a few. :)

Anyway, this was a really great juice. Charlie actually picked the combination because I insisted on making him try a juice with me. He has heard good stories from others about this mix so we went with it! I'd definitely keep it in rotation.


I was actually surprised how much juice came out of it. I used 5 1/2 carrots, 2 apples, and an inch long nugget of ginger. It was going to be 6 carrots but someone started eating one while I was cutting the apples. ;) This juice was a little pulpier than others I've tried but even my guy who gets easily weirded out by textures loved this.

Hopefully this mass quantity of fruits and vegs I'm consuming is building my immune system so by the time I get to student teaching I'll be a fortress of health. Or something. Airborne was invented by a teacher for a reason yo.


In other life news..
 - I had my final Practicum meeting yesterday and found out that I officially passed. (woo!)
 - I have one more lesson plan to do for class tomorrow and then I have three beautiful weeks off before Summer I starts. (double woo!)
 - I celebrated all of this by buying myself some new necessities. I've been hoarding the money I've been making from subbing because those jobs can be few and far between so I haven't bought anything for myself in a while. But when a first grader points out a hole in your shirt and you have to act surprised because you already knew it was there, it's time to get some new clothes. (*facepalm*)

How's this month ending up for you? Yea, ending. I can't even.
post signature

4 comments:

  1. I think is cool that you post things like this, I am very interesting in healthy recipes,I want to lose weight.
    I tasted carrots and orange+celery juice, but never with apple, I have to make this.

    Congratulations for you passed your exam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And yea, apples and carrots are great together, I definitely recommend it. :)

      Delete
  2. I have been seeing so many posts on juicing lately; now I really want to try it! carrot + apple + ginger sounds like a good combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled upon your blog - this drink looks interesting! I'd love to make it and try it one day.
    Can't wait to read more of your blog :) I'm studying graphic design right now at a university in Georgia.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...