nav bar


Friday, April 20, 2012

6 weeks to a better blog

I didn't intend to be so absent from the blog world and twitter this week, but shorty after I wrote my juice post I came down with something that rendered me half dead. I woke up that morning with a sore throat and by the afternoon I had full on chills, body aches, and the act of swallowing made me want to punch a dolphin. It was pretty bad. I'm finally getting back to normal with just some congestion today so I thought I'd pop in to let you know about an awesome series going on over at SillyGrrl blog.


Sarah from SillyGrrl is putting on an amazing series called "6 Weeks to a Better Blog". Here's what you can expect from the series..


"6 Weeks to a Better Blog is a series featuring advice and tips from 20 diverse and talented bloggers. Each week on SillyGrrl.com we'll share multiple posts to help you take your blog to the next level. Topics will include finding your blogging voice, connecting with your readers, taking high-quality photos, setting up sponsorships, getting that blog design in order, and much more! Everything kicks off on Monday, April 16!"

Sarah asked me to write a little post for the series on food photography. I was honored since I'm not really a photographer but I've picked up some tips and tricks from Charlie, who is a photographer, and also from my own trial and error. I wrote about what works for me and maybe some of it can work for you too!

So far, the posts that are up this week include..
Finding your blogging voice by Melissa of Bubby and Bean
Keeping your style consistent by Cassie from The Veda House
Connecting with your audience by Sarah from Yes and Yes

Stop on by if you need a little advice or just want to see what other ladies are doing to make their blog work for them! The series will be running for the next five weeks.

Hope you have a great weekend! :)
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out :) Glad you're starting to feel better - I had something similar last month, totally wanted to punch a dolphin too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! It's going to be a great series! And I'm glad you understand the feeling I'm talking about. ;)

      Delete
  2. wow every topic sounds great, I have a blog and I learned many things with my errors, doing what I like and watching inspiration in other blogs.
    Thanks for sharing

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea trial and error is always the best teacher, and it's nice to see what other people have learned along the way too!

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry you've been sick, lovely! God, I hate, hate, HATE sore throats. >.< Glad you're feeling better! I hope you're 100% soon!

    Also, yay that you're a fellow guest poster on 6 Weeks To a Better Blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...