nav bar


Saturday, January 7, 2012

winter terrarium

A new terrarium for a new season. I actually meant to get this post up in the middle of the week but I subbed 5th grade Wednesday through Friday and damn did that wear me out. It took all I could do to not pass out as soon as I got home from school. They were actually really good kids and I'm kind of sad to give them back to their real teacher but it took a lot of energy to make sure they stayed good kids. -_-

Anyway, here is my terrarium for winter and what I used to put it together.


I used my blue ball jar that I got at Kutztown back in the summer because I thought the blue glass would add to the wintery feel. I also used pebbles for the sort of terrain beneath the snow and then the white sand of course acted as the snow itself. I also had a little tube of animals sitting in the craft stash from the first time I bought terrarium making supplies. I knew they'd come in handy! ;) Finally, I tore a few white twigs out of a Christmas centerpiece to act as my woodsy backdrop. 

Once you've got your snowy terrain, start adding some wilderness!

Charlie really liked the wolf so I gave the wintery space to him. :)



I have an idea for another sort of winter terrarium but I have no clue if it will work yet. If it does, you'll see it up here this week! If not, I'll probably have a big gluey mess to deal with. ;)

Are you doing any post-Christmas winter crafts? It's good fun for hibernation season! :)


post signature

11 comments:

  1. JESS JESS JESS - THIS IS GORGEOUS!!! !!! !!! Haha. I love anything that is a terrarium. But take that interest, mixed with your creativity and WOW. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuuuute! i think this is such an adorable hobby :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, this is so officially rocking my socks!!!!!!! i love everything in this post. the story about your week of subbing those 5th graders (props for keeping your strength up with them, heck of a handful!), the graphic design elements you used to showcase this amazing craft and the actual mason jar magnificence itself!!!!!! i could go on and on, but let's just say this: I DIG THE HELL OUT OF IT! keep going, i'd love to see the new idea sometime too. this one's all aces. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this turned out soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg haha this is so cute! i'm always sure i'll kill the plants in terrariums, so this is perfect for me.

    Sarah // http://sillygrrl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Terrariums seem to be popping up everywhere, but you have taken the step to really make your stand out! I am now officially on the hunt for mason jars and winter time creatures!

    -Elisha

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! Wish I could find jars that pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is awesome :) had to share it http://papercakesfinds.blogspot.com/2012/01/daily-diy_23.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...