nav bar


Monday, January 23, 2012

something old // something new

I'd like to introduce you to another series I wanted to start. Something Old // Something New will highlight a vintage item, either owned or loved from afar, and something from this day and age that compliments it. I wanted to start with something of mine that I love, which actually used to be the focal point of my old banner!

This is my lovely little vintage record player alongside two pieces of my budding record collection. Of course, listening to the classics is always amazing.. my parents have stacks of old albums from Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra that I love to play, but it's also fun to collect your modern favorites on vinyl too! Sometimes it's nice to take a break from the digital world and just deal with something physical and fragile, amiright? ;)

This record player is also pretty special to me because it's been in my family since the '60's. A couple years ago I asked for a record player for Christmas and to my surprise, my Dad showed me this little beauty that had been sitting in the garage for years! He said that if I didn't mind having an old one, I could have that one. Mind? I was beyond excited! It was actually a gift he had given to his mom (my grandmother) for Christmas one year. He had since gotten back when she passed away and it was sitting in the garage collecting dust since then. I was more than happy to take it. :)

The Christmas tag my dad wrote out was actually still inside of it!


Love.

Do you have any old heirlooms you're giving new life to? Also, are there any newer albums you'd recommend getting?

Have a great week!
post signature

7 comments:

  1. What a splendid idea for a series!

    I love the look of your record player, and good choice for new record! I have listened to that record many a time, with a glass of wine in hand.

    anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Records and wine.. sounds like a lovely combination. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of this series! Very inspiring, since most of the things I have are old, and they are the ones I love the most. Your record player is awesome, as is the story behind it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured with all us vintage lovers, it might be of interest to some people! Glad you like it! :)

      Delete
  3. My record player isn't as vintage as this one, but I love listening to my old vinyls! They're just so much more fun than listening to digital things, don't you think?

    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's nice to change things up once in a while. :)

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful vintage record player!!
    My parents own this very old gramophone that still plays these old 1930's french records. Sadly it's been put in the barn that has very little protection and is slowly dyeing away. We pulled it out a few years ago for a huge party we had on the farm and people loved it but ever since then my parents decided it was of no use to them so they stuck it back in the barn. It's sad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...