nav bar


Tuesday, June 7, 2011

stuff i love: nail polish

A few facts about me..

I love having neatly painted nails.
I have no patience to sit in a salon every two weeks.
I can't sit still for more than five seconds without touching something.

This all adds up to me painting my own nails, getting frustrated when my right hand looks a hot mess because my left hand has subpar painting skills, and several of my nails getting that smudged, bunched up look because I didn't have the patience to let them dry before I tried to brush my hair or bake a cake or dig though my bag.

That is why I want to share this. You may already know about it and hell, maybe it's on your nails right now, but I still get a ton of views on my original stuff I love post so I thought it'd be cool to write about some stuff I generally dig every now and then in case there's something you've never tried that would solve your worldly problems. Or something.


The thing that is currently solving my worldly problems is Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri nail polish. I originally bought that crazy green in the middle and loved it so much that I went out and bought a rainbow. Cause who doesn't love a good rainbow? I think I've worn them all so far except for the very last pink there.


I love it for a few reasons. First, and most amazingly, it really does dry instantly. Like, really really fast. No sitting around with your hands palms down hoping you don't get an itch, or dramatically fanning them like you're having a hot flash.

Second, the brush is wider than most nail polish brushes. This means that on most nails (save maybe your thumb or big toe) you only need one brush stroke to cover the whole nail because the brush just sort of flattens across it. Big thumbs up for this because less movement leaves less room to get it all over your finger. I'm not the only one with this issue, right? ;)

And finally, look at those colors! Can't go wrong with such a bright, beautiful selection. It's nice after wearing gray and dark blue and red most of the winter.


I'm wearing this color right now which is called Peachy Breeze. Ironically I put it on because it reminded me of watermelons. It looks a little lighter up there but here it is in action! (The bottle is in the back.)


So if you're uncoordinated and fidgety like me, this may be your new best friend.

I think I need to go bake brownies now. I'm just feelin it. Happy Tuesday!

*Nobody paid me or gave me free things to write this. I just wanted to share a little awesomeness with you so there ya go.* :)

6 comments:

  1. OMG this is like a dream!! I hate sitting still, I feel like I'm wasting valuable time or something. I love painting my nails but it's torture for me to wait for them to dry!! I need to go buy this brand, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love sally hansen and particularly this brand of theirs. the colors are to die for. i'm wearing sonic boom right now and have been eyeing the lime green one for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking for a decent brightly coloured nail polish, and this sounds awesome! I did a quick google but there doesn't seem to be a handy online store to buy it from, which is annoying. I'll have to keep my eye out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off...LOVE your blog! Keep up the awesome work. I always love looking into the minds of other arty/crafy/design-y/foodie people. :)

    I'm going to have to check these out, as I am the queen of fidgety and uncoordinated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loveee the colours!!! I also love how cheap this stuff is, and it really does last pretty long :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My newest obsession is watermarbling! If you get a chance search for it online and try it out! Its takes a few time to perfect it, but its worth the time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...