nav bar


Friday, June 17, 2011

fun finds in june

I've started bookmarking pages of things I like around the internet because there's nothing more annoying than snagging an image and forgetting where it came from. So I made a separate little bookmark folder for the things I want to share so that I can come back to them later when I'm ready for a post and no one gets mad about a lack of crediting. ;) Win/win.

These are some things I've stumbled on lately that I think are worthy of a mention.

I love this little Victorian cottage. How awesome would it be to have a little space like that as a kid? I always wanted a tree house or something that I could decorate and call my own (yes, even as a child). :) This is like playhouse times a million. Heck, I'd live in it now! Click the source link to see even more photos!

{source}


Charlie just signed a lease to a new apartment and it got me thinking about what I want from a space, especially now that it's summertime and I've got outdoor fever. Of course with my job and school situations, I'm not quite ready to move yet so for now I'll live vicariously through him and help him set up his place. And maybe he'll let me sneak a few potted herbs in by a window until I have a backyard and do something all rustic and beautiful like this..

{source}


This is probably the coolest kid's toy I've seen in a while. It reminds me of this set of fruit and vegetables in my kindergarten class that were segmented just like this and held together by velcro so you could chop them up with a wooden knife. The blender just makes it even more awesome. I also like this because it's not plastic and covered in sparkly stickers and all that other crap that adorns kids' toys today. Just simple wood with a calm color palette. Perfect for whipping up a summer smoothie!

{source}


While we're on the topic of pretty things made of wood, this keyboard is pretty awesome. I would love to sit on my future porch with a glass of iced tea, feeling as much a part of nature as you possibly can with a computer on your lap. I think tapping on these tree-like keys would do the trick!

{source}


I know everyone and their mom is obsessed with caravans and trailers right now but I had to add this because it's just so summery and gorgeous. I wouldn't mind spending a few nights in this bad boy, sitting under those awnings and reading a book.. amazing. Click the source link for more photos again!

{source}

That's that. I need a serious break from thinking. Finals are next week so I should be able to mellow out for a bit after that. Happy weekend everyone!!


1 comment:

  1. love the wooden children's toy!!! so cute!

    http://sarahlyetparis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...