nav bar


Thursday, December 2, 2010

pumpkin fritters



When I got the pure pumpkin puree for the pie I made for Thanksgiving, I accidentally picked up a can of easy pumpkin pie mix as well. It's pretty much the pumpkin puree with all the spices added in for you. I'd rather make the pumpkin cream pie again than the "easy" pumpkin pie so I decided to try to do something else with it.

I found a recipe for pumpkin fritters and thought they would make a good fall breakfast. It called for regular pumpkin puree so I modified it to fit the easy pumpkin mix by cutting out the sugar and the cinnamon.

So if you find yourself with some leftover pie mix this holiday season, whip yourself up a festive treat for breakfast!

Combine pumpkin, an egg, baking powder, salt, and flour in a mixing bowl.




Mix!



I cooked up 2 at a time in four batches. Just take a tbsp of butter and cut off a sliver for each batch. Heat it in the pan with a little olive oil and drop two spoonfuls of batter in.




After 3-4 minutes, check to see if the bottom is browning and flip. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.




Serve with a bit of butter and powdered sugar or maybe some more cinnamon if you want. Eat up and enjoy the pumpkin-y goodness for breakfast. Or as a snack!



Pumpkin Fritters
adapted from iVillage

1 3/4 cups (15 oz) Libby's Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp butter
olive oil

Combine pumpkin, egg, flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and mix. Heat a sliver of butter and a bit of olive oil in a pan. Spoon batter in spread it slightly. After about 3-4 minutes, check to see if the bottoms are browning and flip. Cook for 3-4 more minutes. Serve with your favorite topping.





In other news, I got a Twitter. I have no idea what to do with it and only recently learned what the # thing is all about but I figured I should try it at least. I feel like I'm 80 and trying to learn how to work a cell phone or something. I started following some blogs I read and if you would like to follow me, there's a little banner under my picture up there to the right that you can click on.

We'll see how this goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...