nav bar


Wednesday, December 8, 2010

christmas packages

As a new blogger, I'm constantly trying to think of things to do that will add to my content and make things interesting for readers. Taking a cue from my favorite blogs, I decided to add some features that I will do either weekly, monthly, or maybe whenever the mood strikes me.

The first one I'm going to try out is a sort of collection of things I like that deals with a certain topic. I decided to do this yesterday when looking for a specific type of Christmas packaging to get ideas for my own wrapping. The things I found for inspiration all happen to be pieces from etsy sellers which I love, but I don't know if it will (or can) always be that way.

Since I have the need to organize and categorize, I decided to give this whole thing a name and a little banner to sit under! I'm calling it "a splendid curation". Splendid is strictly dealing with the namesake of my blog here, not because I think my collection is super awesome or anything. It's just little things that I found inspiring and would like to share with you in case you need a little inspiration too. So without further ado, here is my collection of Christmas packaging..


Some Christmas packaging that inspires me that I hope will inspire you too!
Think kraft paper, twine, and ink for some old fashioned gifting..



1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

I'm really feeling the packagey, string and kraft paper look this year so I went searching for some inspiration. I love everything from the stamped, letterpress-looking tags, to the graphic animal illustrations. Everything feels so handmade and old fashioned. As much as I loved bright, patterned wrapping paper with gingerbread men or candy printed all over when I was younger, I would love nothing more than to see dozens of brown packages under the tree this year, wrapped in baker's twine and stamped with an identifying tag.

I hope this has given you a little inspiration for some old fashioned gifting and that this curation idea is something you would like to see more of. I had fun doing it so I think I'll keep it up, even if just for me :).

Hope everyone's having a good and productive week! Christmas is getting surprisingly close! If you have anything to add to this list feel free to leave a link and let me know! I'm always open to suggestions :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...