nav bar


Friday, March 4, 2011

stuff i love

I though I'd wrap up this week by sharing the things that help get me through my week. These are my tried and true favorite products and the things I use mostly everyday.

1. Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipes
I used to use cold cream which was just a complete mess. I started using these a few years ago and haven't looked back. They get off my liquid eyeliner without making a mess and leave my skin feeling all clean. :)

2. Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion
I used to get really bad dry skin on my legs but since I started using this, I've had no problems. I put it on after I shave and it keeps my skin nice and smooth!

3. got 2b Glued Hairspray
I swear by this stuff. It will do its darnedest to keep your hair intact. I use it when I tease my roots too. Just spray a little on a fine tooth comb, back comb your roots, smooth it out on top, and boom, you've got volume all day. (I feel like such a spokesperson. ;) What can I say, I'm passionate.)

4. Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush
I love this because I like my cheeks a little rosy but I don't like looking powdery so a mousse is the perfect solution. I get it in Peach Satin because I like peachy pinks!

5. Maybelline Dream Mousse Liquid Foundation
I just started using this and I love it. I get it in Porcelain Ivory which I think is the lightest shade. Weird. I didn't think I was that pale!

6. Paul Mitchell Extra Body Daily Boost
Clearly I have a problem with flat hair between this and the root teasing. My hairdresser used this on me and I went back and bought it at my next visit. It gave me so much more root volume than usual. If it started to fall flat that day, I would just tousle my roots with my fingers and it would be all freshened up again. Oh, and it smells amazing.

7. Neutrogena Healthy Defense Lotion with SPF 30
Keeps my face from feeling tight and protects it from the sun. Can't beat that!

8. Revlon Color Stay Liquid Liner

I've used different brands but this is my favorite. It's got the best applicator tip and the smoothest color. If you use liquid liner, you know sometimes the tip can actually feel like it's scratching you while you put the liner on. This one is sturdy enough to make a straight line, but gentle enough that you don't feel like you're giving yourself a tattoo. ;)

9. Blistex Lip Medex
I get bad chapped lips and have a terrible habit of biting them, so I keep one of these in every pocket of every bag to ensure I can keep my lips moist everywhere I go. I like the tingly cool feeling it gives. It feels like my lips are healing instantly.



While I'm thinking of it, I have a quick question for you ladies on the topic of chapstick.

I used to love Burt's Bees. Well I still do. I'm a chapstick girl through and through and Burt's Bees used to be my go-to. That was until Charlie told me I tasted like butter when he kissed me. What?? I wear it on my lips and didn't taste butter! Getting tired of being told that, I stopped using it because, well, it wasn't that big of a deal to change it up. Later a friend of mine told me she couldn't wear Burt's Bees anymore because her boyfriend said his lips were burning after she kissed him with it on!

So my question is.. is this a guy thing? Do all guys hate Burt's Bees? I'm really curious now!

Well, have a great weekend everyone! :)

7 comments:

  1. i love your blog! i dont have much yet...haha.

    i might have to try a few things from that list of yours!

    about the burt's bees, my bf loves them and it's his favorite...and i also have a guy friend who collects all flavors...so not all guys i think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you have me curious! I am a lip stuff girl too, and love Burt's Bees. My significant other doesn't favor it either; he will 'borrow' my Chapstick or Blistex, but never BB. I will have to ask why!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the tips!
    I wanna try out that Got2b Hairspray & Defense Lotion.


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love me a good make-up wipe and i've used those ones before...they're magic!

    burt's bee's is a go to option but my fave product is Josie Maran's Argan stick. this stuff is incredz and the boyf has never complained after a smooch sesh while wearing it. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried using Burts Bees once and it landed up causing allergic reaction in me which resulted in the burning funny taste and later my lips split. Basically if you allergic to proporlous which is in honey and beeswax, you will have funny reactions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm (mint) in the winter and Burt's Bees Lifeguard's Choice in the summer and have never had any complaints from my husband. He actually likes the fresh minty tingle and smell that transfers to his lips from mine, but he likes mint flavor so that may be a key factor (and he said he even likes how the Lifeguard's Choice makes my lips super light/white pink in the summer).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely think its a guy thing. My husband dislikes any sort of lip product. The only thing I wear is chapstick and now and then a simple lip gloss (not the sticky kind). He likes the way it looks but not the way it feels when we kiss.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...