nav bar


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

progress


That's what I'm calling this color palette. We've had quite a bit of rain so far since the weather has gotten a little warmer and I imagine there will be more as we welcome spring.

I plan on making this blanket 6x6 grannies so I figure if I make six a day I'll finish it in plenty of time without getting tired of crocheting squares. So here are my six for today.


These are the three color combinations I'll be using and then I'll use the dark gray to bind them all together and make the edging.


Also, I kind of liked setting a list of goals for February so I'm going to do it again for March. And let's be honest, I love making lists. :)

Business
Keep making products for my shop.
Finish branding package. (Almost done actually, I just need to order some supplies!)
Get the most I can out of Indie Biz 3.0

Personal
Take and pass the Praxis test. (On the first try would be great.)
Document more things with photos. (For me and the blog.)

I think that's good for now. I still have my 101 things list to tackle as well so these are just some main things I'd like to start/accomplish this month.

Are you setting any monthly goals for yourself?

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jess, loving the 'april showers' colour palette! I'm declaring your blog my 'new favourite' this week too. I'm on the cusp of deciding whether to take the great leap from a prospective career in sport business management (eew, dont know what i was thinking) to 'get my creative on' and go back and study graphic design, so it's great to see people like you loving what they do. Look foward to seeing much more.
    Tone xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous color palette!! I can not wait to see this all put together. I'm in the process of making my own granny square afghan too, I'm almost 1/3 of the way done, yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tone.. Aw yay! Thanks lady! *flattered* :) I have my degree in graphic design so if you ever want to talk about what going to school for it entails or anything like that just throw me an email. I'd be glad to help out your creative career switch! :)

    Jamie.. Thanks! I can't wait to see it together either. It's so satisfying turning a bunch of little squares into a blanket you can use! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello,

    lovely blog. I love the header.

    I am in Indie Business too! I'm excited about it.

    I am loving your crocheting times also. Those granny squares are wicked...

    let's be friends.

    anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this - making a granny square blanket is on my list of things to do, and your squares are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm going to need to learn to make granny square blankets. I've seen them too much all over the blogosphere to not join in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. anna.. Thanks! We can totally be friends :) See you at India Biz!!

    Elly.. Thank you! The good thing is that they're not too hard to figure out. I'd say go for it!

    The Soul Anchor.. Give it a try! The best part is you can make it look however you want. I've seen the normal squares but there's also round and hexagon shaped ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey Jess! those colours are lovely together and I think the name suits it perfectly! and good luck with Indie Biz; it's an amazing resource!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...