nav bar


Thursday, March 10, 2011

brown butter biscuits

Scared? Don't be. Brown butter biscuits are worth melting up a stick of butter for. They go perfectly with any meal. Or by themselves! Ever since I first saw them on Shutterbean I've made them a bunch of times and they are perfect no matter what you pair them with. So get a stick of butter browning and get out your dry ingredients!

Pour all the dry goods into a bowl.


Add your browned butter and milk.


Mix!


I got a little lost in what I was doing and forgot to shoot a few steps, but now you just pat out the dough, cut out the the biscuits, put them on a baking sheet, and in the oven they go.

And out they come looking like this!


Eat them with something saucy that needs sopping up or cut one in half and slather it with jam for a tasty breakfast. Can't go wrong!


Brown Butter Biscuits
recipe from Shutterbean

1 stick of butter
2 cups + 2 tbsp flour, + more for dusting
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
3/4 cup whole milk

Preheat oven to 400F. Put butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir the butter as it melts, until it starts to foam and sputter. When it becomes a golden brown and starts to get a nutty smell, remove it from the heat. Let it cool to room temp.
In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Stir in the brown butter and milk. Pat out the dough into a 1/2 in thick round on a floured surface. Cut the dough into 3 in biscuits. Place them on an ungreased baking sheet and into the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.




Life has been crazy since I've started observing a class. Not just from losing the time in which I'm there, but afterward I've been so exhausted! My body's just not used to this workin' girl schedule. ;) Yesterday after I got home, I passed out with my computer on my lap as I was trying to get some bloggy stuff done. When I woke up I was so disoriented. It took a bag of Fritos on the floor next to me to remind me that I had just eaten lunch before I fell asleep. That's what getting up at 5:30 am three days in a row when you are so not used to it will do to you! I didn't go in today because I'm going to start observing another grade soon but I actually woke up on my own today at 7:30. It felt so refreshing to be able to naturally wake up that early.

Today I'll be spending a lot of time on two crafty projects that I have in the works and I'll either update later today or tomorrow on what's going on. One involves beads and the other involves yarn. Both are wearable. Yay! I think I need to make up some more of these lovely biscuits to sustain me through my crafty endeavors. Or maybe some coffee. :) It's super rainy here which is the perfect time to have a crafty/warm beverage filled day. I'm starting to like rain.

How are your endeavors going? Happy almost Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...