nav bar


Monday, March 14, 2011

april showers baby blanket

Finally done! It's only a tiny baby blanket but it's still satisfying to see it in one piece after toting around a pile of granny squares and a bag of yarn everywhere I go.


I'm kind of excited to start one for myself now. Since I want to make it huge though.. like queen bed size.. I think I'll make it a long labor of love and not really give myself a deadline for it so I can take my time and fit in a few squares when I have downtime. That way I don't get too caught up in it and can get other things done. :)


I made this one 25 squares (5x5) so it'd be a nice size to wrap a baby in or to set a toddler down on, but there wouldn't be too much excess all around. I bordered it with the dark gray to give a nice finished edge.


I'm happy with how it turned out. I think the momma will like it too!


Happy Monday! Sadly my spring break is over and now I have to go to class.

Hope everyone's week is starting well!

8 comments:

  1. These colors are absolutely stunning together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky mama and baby! beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so pretty! I'm just about to start one for a friends baby myself so yours is good motivation for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love these colours!! how long does it take you to do a granny square? I think im the slowest crocheter in the whole wide world

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness - that's gorgeous! Love the colours. I plan to attempt one of these at some point, it's on The List and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies!!

    Hearthandmade.. I think it takes me around 10-15 minutes for four layer squares like these? I actually tried to time myself sometimes to see how many more I could do in a given time. Depends on how distracted I was. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blanket is so lovely.

    The photos are great too!

    wonderful presentation

    anna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...