nav bar


Monday, March 21, 2011

a happy find

Last Friday I got an email from Gilt Groupe about an amazing sale they were having. If you've never shopped Gilt, they are basically an online store that has daily sales on designer jewelery, clothing, housewares, etc. for way marked down prices. Some of the stuff is still pretty pricey but you can score some great deals there. I bought Charlie a really nice watch from there for Christmas that was originally a couple thou but marked down to a couple hundred!

I've been avoiding all shopping related emails for a little while because I don't exactly have money to burn right now, but when I saw the little section about turquoise jewelry, I had to check it out.

I fell in love with nearly every piece and wanted so badly to buy a ring or a necklace. Then I spotted this guy..


One of the many things I was drooling over. After I was done teasing myself with things I couldn't buy, (why do I do that?) I went on with my day. I start gathering things for a shoot for a guest post and I made the happiest little discovery in my jewelry box!


I stumbled across this fairly similar ring that I had all along and totally for got about! It's one of the may costume pieces I inherited from my nanny a while back. My dad's mom was into big chunky, semi tacky jewelry just like I am and she had loads of costume jewelry because of it. I think I forgot about this little guy because I have a bunch of pieces I wear frequently laying out on my dresser and the rest are in a jewelry box. This is definitely making it into the rotation now that I've rediscovered it.


So it's a little different from the Gilt one and definitely not as "valuable" but I was so happy to find a new love for something I already own after drooling over pretty jewelry I couldn't buy. Plus, I think it's definitely more special than anything I could buy since it belonged to a family member and has been around for quite some time. :)


Just thought I'd share my find with you on this gloomy Monday morning. Maybe it'll inspire you to look around at what you already have that you might be missing!

Have a good week! :)


** p.s. Gilt Groupe is a member's only site so if you're interested in getting some sweet deals on designer stuff, either email me (it's on the contact page) or leave your email address in the comments and I can send you an invite link! :) **

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh I love when that happens!! I've done that same thing on occasion too. The curse of having too much jewelry/clothes/makeup/shoes, I suppose...can't keep track of it all! :) CUTE blog, so so so glad I found you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...