nav bar


Monday, November 29, 2010

letterpress cookies



This holiday weekend was just what I needed. Lots of delicious leftovers, fun with friends and family, and finally starting to decorate for Christmas. I also got an early Christmas gift from Charlie's mom. She found these awesome cookie cutters at Williams-Sonoma.




She knows about my decorating ambitions and thought this would help out. It'll be a nice addition to the cookie mix and perfect to use with new sugar cookie recipe I tried for Thanksgiving.




What's awesome about these cutters is not only the cute shapes, but the little letters you slide into them. It's like letterpress for baking!




They have some pre-made words so you can easily imprint "Happy Holidays", "Merry Christmas", and a few other phrases.




I was impressed at how many of each letter they include. There are varying numbers of each, depending on how common the letter is. I was surprised I could actually spell out my little blog title in its entirety, considering there are about 45 n's and 22 e's in the name. Give or take. :)




I might just have to make some tenpenny cookies this year! I was thinking these would also be good to use for one of those dough ornament recipes. You know the ones that harden and stay "fresh", so to speak, forever? Something like this. A little flour, a pinch of salt, a dash of varnish..




Then you could make cute messages for friends and family that they can keep and look at every year!

Another fun thing this weekend was date night. Charlie and I hadn't had a real, out on the town, date night in a while, so on Sunday we did it up right. He surprised me with tickets to White Christmas which is without a doubt my favorite Christmas movie.




While I longed to see Bing Crosby and Danny Kay singing and tap dancing up there, it was an amazing show. I had a blast, singing all the songs in my head and wishing I still danced. The plot varied slightly from the movie but I pretty much expected that. I really need to watch that movie soon. After the show, we went out to dinner at Jones. It's basically Steven Starr's home-style restaurant. It's all cozy with candles and fireplaces and most of the food on the menu is comfort food. So good.




I hope everyone else had a great holiday weekend! Is anyone as excited as I am that it is now officially Christmastime? Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love those cookie cutters! What a cool idea. Your date night also sounds fabulously sweet!

    And yes, I'm with you on Christmas excitement! I LOVE this time of year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad there's other people who aren't afraid to start celebrating as soon as the turkey's done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...