nav bar


Thursday, November 4, 2010

birthday crepes


I decided to try my hand at making crepes today. I've been avoiding them because I was seriously intimidated by the flipping process, and for good reason.




The first two just tore into pieces and folded in on themselves when I tried to gently flip them. Clearly that was the wrong way to approach it. After quickly searching for a youtube video to show me how it's done, I learned that you gotta be quick and rough with it.. just shove the spatula under and do a lift-spin-splat sort of motion. Great description, I know. But after that I was a master and got a pretty good groove down.




So the batter couldn't be easier. Just combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix mix mix!





Then off to the pan. First successful flip! :D




Plate them one on top of the other as they are done. They shouldn't stick together. Then top with your favorite filling and roll it up! I'm a savory over sweet girl any day so I put ham and cheese in mine. A little sprinkling of powdered sugar and they're good to go!




You could also fill them with jam or your favorite preserves. Maybe some chocolate chips and bananas. You could really put anything in them.





Then eat up!


Crepes
recipe from The Wanna be Country Girl

In a medium bowl combine:
3/4 cup cold water
3/4 cup milk
3 egg yolks
1 tbsp sugar
1 cup flour
5 tbsp melted butter

Mix ingredients well. Lightly oil a frying pan. Ladle mixture into pan and swirl it around to coat the bottom and a little up the sides. When sides start to separate from pan, flip crepe and cook for about another minute. Slide finished crepes off pan onto a plate. Fill with whatever your heart desires and roll it up.



Also, today is my birthday :)



So I'm going to go do birthday things. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...