nav bar


Tuesday, November 23, 2010

crack dip



Yes, you read right. Crack dip. I didn't even know it was called that until after about my third time having it. Apparently it has been dubbed "crack dip" because it's just that addictive. What it is referring to is actually buffalo chicken dip. And it is quite addictive.

This is a super easy appetizer to whip up. It takes about a half hour to throw together from start to finish. And that's including 20 minutes in the oven. Someone usually always brings it to family gatherings which is why I've had it numerous times and will probably have it in the weeks coming up. I made it over the weekend for a football party (go Eagles!!).

It includes very basic ingredients and if you just cook up extra chicken when you make it for dinner one night, a lot of the work is already done for you. The only thing I have to say is that people are very insistent that you must use Frank's hot sauce. I've looked at several recipes just to see the subtle variations of ingredients and everyone makes it a point to mention that you have to use Frank's. Now I'm no hot sauce connoisseur (in fact I usually steer clear of spicy things but I make an exception for this dip) but who am I to doubt all these people's opinions? And it's delicious so I guess it works!

So you want to gather up your precooked, shredded chicken, Frank's hot sauce, cream cheese, and shredded cheddar.




Dump it all in a bowl and mix until it's well combined.




Pour this into a baking dish and top with a little more cheddar.




Bake it in the oven until it's all bubbly and heated through.




Crack Dip aka Buffalo Chicken Dip

3-4 precooked, shredded chicken breasts
1 8oz package cream cheese
1 12oz bottle Frank's Hot Sauce (Buffalo)
2 cups shredded cheddar (+more for top)


Preheat oven to 350F. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined. Pour into a baking dish and top with another handful of shredded cheddar. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated all the way through.

Serve warm with crackers or sliced french bread.

Become a dip fiend but try to save room for dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...