nav bar


Monday, November 8, 2010

breakfast cups





Breakfast cups couldn't be any easier to make. You can use whatever kind of bread you want for the cups and you could really put any kind of meat, cheese, or omelet ingredient inside.


Just grab a muffin pan and lightly grease the number of cups you are going to make. Take your bread, bagel, croissant, or whatever other bread product you want to use and press it down inside the cup. Keep pressing and shaping it until it makes a nice little shell for everything to sit in. If you're using bread you could cut the crust off to make neater cups but I just left it on.




If you want to add meat, put that in the bottom of the cups. I put some already cooked bacon in that I had in the freezer. It would probably also be good with ham or sausage as well.




Now, crack an egg into each cup.




Pop 'em in the oven and bake until they're as done as you like them.





These are actually a little overdone for me but they were still really good. I left them in for a little over 20 minutes because I wanted to make sure the whites were cooked. Next time I think around 18 minutes would be good so that the yolk is a little more runny.





Breakfast Cups

as many pieces of bread as cups you want to make
equal number of eggs
meat, cheese, or other fillings

Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a muffin pan and mold each piece of bread into a cup. Put meat or veggies in the bottom. Crack one egg into each cup. Bake in the oven for about 16-23 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs. Go around edges with a butter knife if they stick a little. Otherwise, they should just pop right out. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!


I think I'm going to make cinnamon raisin bread sometime today. I have half a packet of yeast I've been wanting to use up and that's exactly what this recipe calls for. If that plan works out I'll probably post that tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...