nav bar


Wednesday, November 9, 2011

robot > processor

I mentioned on some form of social media, maybe here, maybe twitter, that I finally got a food processor! I've been feeling sort of held back in expanding my foodie knowledge since a surprising amount of recipes ask you to blend or pulverize things and I had nothing with these capabilities for the longest time.

A little research, a good sale, and a coupon later and I had a KitchenAid food processor en route to my kitchen. I couldn't be happier with it. It's easy to use, efficient, and quiet. Oh so quiet. I love that in an appliance. But before I even opened the box I was distracted by the translations on the side. Basically, in French, food processor is literally translated to culinary robot.



That is so much cooler than food processor! From now on, I shall call him my culinary robot. Think about the mental picture and I'm sure you'll agree with me. The picture in my head was so good that I had to share it with you so here are some quick and silly illustrations. Clearly I have too much time on my hands.

Would you rather say..



Or..




Much better.

The first thing I made with my culinary robot was butternut squash soup last night. It was delicious. I'll post the recipe for that later.


I can't wait to pulverize some almonds and try my hand at macaroons! I think a lot of good and tasty things are going to come from this investment.

Do you have a favorite kitchen appliance? Or one you'd like to invest in to enhance your foodie experience? :)

5 comments:

  1. I love your drawings! We just got a food processor too, and I was also charmed by the "culinary robot!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The carrot chopping robot cracks me up. You both look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eep! LOVE those little illustrations! I want a Culinary Robot, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum-de-lum! the illustrations are rad lades, love em' and appliances for the kitchen. gotta say right now it's our coffee frother thing, i'm all about a cloud covering sitting atop some java bliss. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same food processor and it's awesome. I love your illustrations!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...