nav bar


Friday, October 22, 2010

fall



I used to be a summer girl but this year all I could think of was getting to fall. I don't know if it's because my bangs and I suddenly have no appreciation for heat or because summer just isn't the same as when you're younger.. one huge vacation.



Right now I'm just nostalgic for this whole season in general. The leaves turning on the dogwood in my backyard, picking apples and pumpkins, dressing up for Halloween (I don't think I'll ever stop loving that), my birthday a few days later, and then we come into the holiday season.





I've been craving boots and cardigans and layers for so long, and it has finally gotten cold enough to bring them out these past few weeks. I am thoroughly enjoying it this time around while I have no classes or work to take up all my time. Come January I'll be a busy bee again but for now, I'll enjoy it and try to tackle the projects I've been wanting to do now that I have time.



I am trying to get my Etsy shop up and running in time to send things out for the holidays. There will be a link to that soon. I have a few ideas and just received a box full of awesome from Blick with some new inks and such. I accidentally ordered a pathetic amount of emulsion from amazon though because the picture fooled me and I was too order-happy to bother checking the ounce-age of the thing. So there's that. But hopefully once I get everything in order I'll have something to show for it in the shop.




But for now, I will revel in flannel and cardigans and leggings while I drink hazelnut coffee and stare at the red bloom of the tree out the window.



Even your casualties look pretty, Fall :)


-J



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...