nav bar


Wednesday, May 11, 2011

wind us up and set us loose



I found this set of rules for builders, crafters, and makers and thought I would share them here since that's what most of us are. It's just for fun but I really related to a lot of them. They made me feel not so crazy for the things I do all for the sake of crafting and making. Such as not throwing anything away because I'll absolutely need it eventually. That's kind of a huge problem of mine. But now I feel a little bit better about my hoarding tendencies. ;)

I also like the notion that projects are stackable. It's rare when I can work on one project from start to finish without picking up others along the way. Unless I have a deadline of course, but then it feels like work. Maybe that's what it is..

I also really like how steampunk this whole thing feels. Especially the titles. I may or may not have mentioned this before but I did my senior design thesis on steampunk because it sort of fascinates me. The jewelry, photoshoots, and mods I've seen come from it are incredible. If you haven't heard of it look it up. It's pretty amazing. Look it up on Etsy too because you'll find some stunning jewelry with exposed gears and clock parts among other things. I'll post photos of my project at some point. It's like a combination of printmaking, bookbinding, and graphic design. All my favorites wrapped into one! :)

Hope your week is going well!

2 comments:

  1. I love this so much! It must go on the wall in my studio! When I finally finish my studio; aka the never ending DIY. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm all about stacking projects - when I lose steam on one I switch gears for a while and work on something else. Then I'm still feeling productive and getting a lot done at once.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...