nav bar


Tuesday, May 17, 2011

orzo with tomatoes + pesto

I think my favorite thing is when you have just enough leftover ingredients to make a new meal. Usually when I have a class I eat a late, sort of bigger lunch to keep me from starving because I don't get home until after 8pm. Yesterday I spied a container of leftover orzo from a dinner I made a few nights back, some cherry tomatoes because I bought way too many for another dinner, and some pesto I bought to go with a big crusty loaf of Italian bread. And then I threw em' all together. It was by no means anything crazy or innovative, but I was totally excited about having something delish to eat in under 10 minutes.


I started by heating up some olive oil in a pan and added the halved cherry tomatoes and some garlic. I sort of eyeballed this whole thing. I think I'm getting good at just adding a little here and a little there until things "look right" now that I've been cooking more regularly.


Then I spooned in two big scoops of pesto and mixed it around. Steamy!


I dumped in the precooked orzo from the fridge which required a little smooshing to declump it.


Mix until it's all coated and heated through.


Plate it and top with some grated parmesan!


So good. Perfect to hold me over through a three hour class. Sorry for the gross lighting. Apparently rainy days and kitchen lights make for terrible photos, go figure. ;)

I had my first class of summer last night. I have two classes two nights a weeks. That means Monday-Thursday nights are gone and I have tons of work in a condensed amount of time. But it only lasts for six weeks so if I just push through, it should be over in no time. I hope. And I leave for a short vacation next week. I can't believe that's here already!

Do you have any plans for summer so far? I'm pretty much counting down to July so this semester will be over!

3 comments:

  1. That looks really good. I've been craving orzo, but couldn't find it at all last time I went to the store :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks super yummy! I'll have to try it. It looks both easy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...