nav bar


Monday, May 23, 2011

summer thoughts


I've got vacation on the brain since I leave for Miami on Wednesday. I keep having lovely warm summer thoughts, like that photo above brings.. but then I have to go outside in the gray, wet, grossness that is May this year.

I'll be gone for five days so this blog will be a little quiet until Monday. Just to let ya know. ;)

I'm going to try to get a post up tomorrow (most likely at night) but my day is kind of crammed with another observation and then a class that insults my undergrad degree. I don't wanna talk about it. Ok maybe I do because it's kind of funny (in that "if I don't laugh I'll cry" sort of way) but that'll have to wait for a later date.

Until then.. I'd like to think happy thoughts of summertime. Last summer was kind of weird for me because I went through something strange, but once again, a story for another day. Man, we're getting all sorts of personal here aren't we? ;)

So in an attempt to make this summer great and totally squash last summer's weirdness from my memories, here is a list (because I love lists) of things I'd like to do this summer. Lots of parentheses in this post.. hmm.

Summer Fun Things List
make food for + go on lots of picnics
host a backyard bbq
go to the beach as much as possible
roast marshmallows + hot dogs over the fire pit in the yard
dust off my beach cruiser and go for a ride
take a nap on a blanket in the grass
eat lots of ice cream
go for walks
sit outside all for the sake of being outside
wear lots of dresses
take lots of photos
go to an outdoor movie if I can find one in the area
go camping if possible

That's all for now. Simple things for the most part, but things that I think make up a good summer. What are you looking forward to once the sun comes back? Let me know so I can add more fun stuff to my list!

4 comments:

  1. I love your summer list, it correlates with mine almost exactly. I wish it could always be summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have so much in common on our summer list! We have a lot of drive - in movie places within 40 minutes of us so I'm sure you'll be able to find one somewhere too! One of my favourite things to do is walk at night by the lake. So calming! Good luck with everything on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1st that photo is a pure dream date night! omg, i would dearly love to experience something like that one day!!! swell summer list of goodness too.

    i'm sure you're living it up right now lades and wishing you all the best fun in the sun times for your rad trip. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture! It makes me want to buy a projector and make my own home movie theatre! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...