nav bar


Tuesday, May 3, 2011

papaya and other things

I first discovered the wonder of papaya last summer and was hooked. I ate what I consider the ultimate fruit salad (papaya, mango, and pineapple) daily. I couldn't wait to get my hands on another one now that the weather is getting warmer. There's just something about a warm day that makes me crave fruit. I think I may have jumped the gun though. I don't think they are quite in season yet. Or maybe mine was just overripe. Whatever the case, it was mushy. :( And if there's one thing I don't like it's mushy fruit. I know papaya is soft already but not this soft.


I didn't want it to go to waste though so I tried to get creative with it. I figured since it was already mushy, why not go with it? I spread a little mascarpone on some rye toast and mashed a few pieces of the fruit on top. Not bad! The sourness of the rye bread was pretty much the perfect base for it since the papaya was pretty sweet. The mush still got to me a little though, maybe just because I was thinking about it, but I would totally try it again with a ripe one.


I think the rest of it needs to go into a smoothie so I can just blend all my mushy troubles away. I just need to grab some frozen yogurt or something.

Things are almost back to normal around here. My total posts for April was a damn shame. But it disappoints me because I like blogging daily, not because I feel guilty about not doing it. I used to feel guilty every time I missed one weekday and thought everyone would stop reading immediately. I overreact sometimes. My stats don't lie though, people kept coming in my absence and for that I am grateful. Hopefully there was some past content from back when I had zero readers to keep people entertained and to keep newcomers from thinking this is one of those blogs where people go missing for a month. I thank ya kindly for being patient and sticking around. :)

I might be harder on myself for those 11 measly posts last month if I was just painting my toes, eating hershey kisses and watching Big Bang Theory (it happens) but in reality I was elbow deep in papers, observations, and finals. Now I sit here with two finals down, (asses thoroughly kicked, might I add) and one to go and I feel a whole lot lighter just knowing that. After that final this thursday I have one week off and then I start the summer semester! Oh boy. I wanted to do this though right? Right.

I don't think I even did this last month since each month is seriously creeping up on me but this breathing room feels like a good time to layout a few goals for this month.

1. As always, work towards opening my shop.. I came to a standstill for a while from a lack of funds but I have a little cash flow now so I'm starting back up.
2. Get back into yoga.. I have seriously fallen off the track with that. I really want to get back on it.
3. Get the job I just applied for. Fingers crossed!!
4. Love my summer classes as much as I loved my spring ones. (And do as well in them.) :)

I think that's it. Just want to keep moving forward.

Happy May everyone! Can you believe it? I feel like just yesterday it was snowing..

1 comment:

  1. Your paypaya snack looks delish! I am ashamed to say that I have yet to try this fruit ;(

    xx Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...