nav bar


Monday, May 9, 2011

mother's day


I spent yesterday with family celebrating Mother's Day. It was a lot of fun hanging out with all my cousins. We don't live too far away from each other, yet with our busy lives I still rarely see them. It was good to catch up a little and talk about summer plans.

I made this banana cake to take with us. Yup, I did it. Two layer banana cake with Nutella buttercream. Amazing. I killed six bananas with this bad boy and it was a hit. People were saying they liked but when I went to grab a slice to bring home for Charlie I was shocked that there were only about two decent sized pieces left. It's always good to know that something you tried for the first time wasn't a total fail. ;)

This thing was soo heavy. The six bananas made it super dense so it had some decent weight. It was delicious though. I will definitely use this recipe again. I used this recipe from Toasty Biscuit. I just doubled everything so I could make it two layers. So good.


I got my Mom these purple flowers since purple is her favorite color. I used "A Mother's Prayer For Her Child" by Tina Fey for the card because I thought it was hilarious. I just randomly stumbled on it on the blog Write in Color a few days before Mother's Day and knew I had to use it. Check it out if you haven't seen it yet! My Mom said this is what parents really think when they have kids.

Now I'm going to try and enjoy this week off before I start my new classes. I have so much everything to catch up on. How was your weekend? Do anything special with your Mom/kids?

2 comments:

  1. Love the "Mother's Prayer for her Child" idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, nutella buttercream frosting?? Sounds amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...