nav bar


Monday, October 24, 2011

apple picking


 A couple weekends ago, Charlie and I went apple picking. I was so excited to find a farm near us that let you pick your own apples! When I was little, my family and I always went to this one farm that had big hay mazes, crazy Halloween characters sculpted with hay and chicken wire, and rows upon rows of apple trees, ready for the picking. In more recent years, that place's apple crop has become slimmer and slimmer, not entirely sure why, until they stopped letting you pick your own altogether. No fun. So after a little research, I was able to find several places where we could go to pick our own. Thankfully, the area where Charlie grew up is lousy with farms so we didn't have to go too far to find one. :)


It was a beautiful day and an awesome place. You can pick all sorts of things there throughout the year. I want to go back in the summer and get some berries.

You can pick wildflowers too!


There's nothing like knowing exactly where your produce came from. And by doing the middle man work yourself, they are infinitely cheaper than in the supermarket.


Charlie insisted that the best ones were high up so he scaled a ladder to grab some. We weren't sure if we were supposed to use the ladders, but hey, they were just sitting there and didn't have any "do not climb" signs, so fair game!

 
I'm pretty sure this is his photo debut on my blog. He wanted to make a grand entrance but I think our apple date is pretty grand. I'm glad I got him on here too before he cuts those curly locks. :)


 Now hopefully we'll have time to grab some pumpkins soon because Halloween is just a week away!

Have a great week!

P.S. Have you seen my blogiversary giveaway? I'm pretty pleased with the turnout so far so I'm going to close it on Friday at midnight EST. I'm going away this weekend so I'll announce the randomly chosen winner on Monday! Good luck and spread the word if you don't mind! (It'll gain you an extra entry!) :)

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love picking my own fruit :) Any baking plans for all of those apples?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always love to hear what you have to say so feel free to add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...